Sunday, November 1, 2009

What is global warming doing to our polar regions?


I think this picture really illustrate the fact that the ice is melting and making smaller pieces. The ice is how the animals move around they reley on the fact that the ice can hold them. Now they are not so sure so its harder for them to capture food.
This picture is by google images!
What is global warming doing to our polar regions?


Global warming is making the average tempature in the artic areas rise, which is then leading to the melting of glaciers,ice bergs. When the glaciers and ice bergs melt it will cause flooding. Flooding can cause millions of people to become homeless because there houses got flooded. Also global warming affects the animals who live in the polar regions because with the ice melting it is making it harder for animals to hunt and catch food.


4 comments:

  1. Polar bears are so cute and dangerous. I hate the fact that we can prevent it but I think that are greetyness doesn't let us do a drastic change in the environment. I think little by little we might be able to control global warming. I hope it's not to late thought because ice melts faster than peoples actions. Susan it looks weird since you are talking about global warming and the title Leukemia on top :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty scary and sad. I don't want polar bears to disappear. I was also confused about your topic but I really like it so I'm okay with it. This picture is sad and hopefully we can figure out how to control global warming before it gets too worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part about global warming that frustrates me is we can change it but we don't. No one puts in the effort to try and help our economy. I understand why you did posts on global warming, since I think it is your topic for the paper we have to do. There could have been a little more detail but other than that good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I think the picture and explaining why global warming is affecting the environment is a good way to describe it. Keep in mind polar bears aren't the only animals suffering from global warming. Also, when writing about polar regions you may want to give more details.

    ReplyDelete