Sunday, September 27, 2009

How can you help?

How can you help?
Leukemia does not have a cure. We just dont have the knowledge right now to find a cure. Scientist are working everyday to try and find a cure putting different medicines together. Everything helps and counts when it comes to helping find a cure to stop the spread of leukemia. You could donate money, just tell people about how bad we need to help find a cure that way all these people have a chance of living, you could refer someone who wants to help to an organization that is already started. The leukemia and lymphoma society invest sixety one million dollars and spreads that money to 200 different researchers who are trying to find a cure. Also some of this money goes to help support the patients who dont have money to pay for some of there treatment. This society does not recieve any money from the federal goverment so they depend on the people who are so giving to donate money.

4 comments:

  1. I like your topic. The sentence that begins with you could donate needs to be condensed and re-worked. I think it would be so devastating to be diagnosed with a deadly cancer and not have insurance to pay for the treatment. My uncle died of leukemia at the age of 15 and my grandparents never got over losing a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your topic but what are the other ways to raise money? Can any one help raise money? also how come the government doesn't dosent send money to find a cure. try to answer these questions to make your blog great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since scientists haven't found a cure, what treatments do they have to help them? I think it would be cool if you started a fundraiser or something to raise money for people with leukemia. Good job explaining everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's good how we can donate to one organization and they divide it into may. I think for us is very important to find a cure. I really like your topic Susan its very important. I don't know if you have read 1000 paper cranes but its about a book that tells a story of a young girl with luekimia it is such a good story and sad you should read it. It opened my eyes because it made me realize that it is very important to donate money to find a cure.

    ReplyDelete